Re: Linux-2.0.27 and 2.1.14

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@ev5.linux.s.xgw.fi)
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 21:29:26 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Oops. The new and improved "mkdep.c" is no longer very forgiving about
> header files that do not exist, and the net_alias.c file has a few
> #include's that are used for user-level debugging but do not exist in the
> kernel.
>
> Fix: remove the stuff that is within the ALIAS_USER_LAND_DEBUG in
> net_alias.c, redo the dependencies and go..
>
> (alternatively you can put the comment /*nodep*/ btween the #-mark and the
> "include", which forces mkdep to ignore the dependency)

I was just informed that the same thing happens for <linux/scsicam.h> when
the kernel is compiled for SCSI. Look into drivers/scsi/ncr53c8xx.h for
the include of that file and just remove it (it's for an older version,
with the correct file being <scsi/scsicam.h>.

If you find other places that need this kind of fixing up and that I
missed when I did my tests, send me reports.. The fix is generally just to
remove the offending include,

Linus