Re: lp: Driver configured but no interfaces found.

Jason Burrell (jburrell@crl.crl.com)
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 16:30:31 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, Christian Hardmeier wrote:

> I get the message you can see in the subject line every minute now. Does
> anybody know what this comes from? (I haven't tried rebooting now, maybe
> it will disappear, but I'd like to know anyway.)
> I find it very annoying that this message keeps being printed on the
> console and destroying the screen contents. Couldn't the code be changed
> so that it would appear only in the syslogs? It seems to be connected with
> the printer module, so I don't think it's essential for the system. Is it
> anyway?
>
> TIA,
> Christian

Try running 'dmesg -n 1'. I put that in my boot scripts because I got sick
of seeing such crap as "hdc: media changed."

--
"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which
failed to start because of the following error: