Re: Kernel Compile problem

Duncan Hill (dhill@sunbeach.net)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 17:06:16 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Michael Bruck wrote:

> Look at your .config file. There are two options with xxx_ELF (one for
> binary file support and the other about how to compile the kernel).
> The second one is probably not set. In this case set it to yes. I've
> had the same problem because make config don't asks for this anymore
> and the option seems to be unset.
>
> Michael

Tried that, and it compiled cleanly, but failed to boot. Stopped booting
at:
That was without ELF support in the kernel. Lets see what heppens this
time.
Yep, it booted clean. This is wierd. Why do I have to build it as an elf
kernel when my previous kernels were a.out?

Also, is it possible for me to join this list, just as a lurker?

Thanks again! Will see if it stays stable.

Duncan Hill
Student of the Barbados Community College
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - I think that I think therefore I think I am.
http://www.sunbeach.net/personal/dhill/dhill.htm
http://www.sunbeach.net/personal/dhill/lynx/lynx-main.html