Re: no-header e-mail

David L. Martin (dlmarti@pluto.njcc.com)
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:50:02 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Riccardo Facchetti wrote:
> This is not strictly related with kernel, but there seems to be a bug in
> the vger software. Some messages arrive without an header, so the
> fetchmail software can't process it and exit with SEGV. I have to telnet
> to the pop server and delete the offending message before retry to fetch
> my e-mail.
> Frankly I don't know if it is really as vger problem or my isp's problem.
> Can someone confirm if it is vger ?

How could it even get to you without a header?
and no I have not seen this.

David L. Martin <dlmarti@pluto.njcc.com>
R&D Software Engineer <dlmarti@accusort.com>
PGP: DB CE B1 D4 51 46 C1 E0 68 7C 61 09 21 03 80 96

The seven eyes of Ningauble the Wizard floated back to his hood as he
reported to Fafhrd: "I have seen much, yet cannot explain all. The Gray
Mouser is exactly twenty-five feet below the deepest cellar in the palace
of Gilpkerio Kistomerces. Even though twenty-four parts in twenty-five of
him are dead, he is alive.
"Now about Lankhmar. She's been invaded, her walls breached
everywhere and desperate fighting is going on in the streets, by a fierce
host which out-numbers Lankhamar's inhabitants by fifty to one -- and
equipped with all modern weapons. Yet you can save the city."
"How?" demanded Fafhrd.
Ningauble shrugged. "You're a hero. You should know."
-- Fritz Leiber, "The Swords of Lankhmar"