Re: PNP patch into kernel when?

Marco Mariani (m.mariani@imola.nettuno.it)
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 10:34:11 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

> Hooks are already in place for: PnP-ISA, PnP-BIOS, PCI, PCMCIA,
> EISA, legacy (non-identifiable and/or non-configurable). Adding hooks
> for new device types is easily done. Also, stuff like devices
> on docking stations are supported.

It is planned to support PNP monitors? They can tell the supported
frequency, which could be obtained by XFree from the /proc filesystem.
Would be nice. Today I can't switch displays without changing XF86Config.

All The Best,
Marco

"There are people who don't like capitalism, and there are people who
don't like PCs, but there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like
Microsoft."

- Bill Gates, interviewed by the L.A. Times, 22 nov. 96 -