Re: 'Mega patch 2.1.14#5'

flove (flove@mindspring.com)
Sun, 08 Dec 1996 22:30:48 -0500

Alan Cox wrote:

> > uni_hash.tbl:49: `dfont_unitable' previously defined here
> >
> > The tables are duplicated in uni_hash.tbl. I removed duplicates, and
> > make completed.
>
> Yes. You didnt make clean, and the patch left you an extra suprise
>
> > route forgot to specify route netmask.
> > route forgot to specify route netmask.
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^ Put netmasks on your route addition

The configuration did not change in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 before I applied
the megapatch. Networking before mega works fine:

/sbin/route add -net 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
/sbin/route add default gw 192.168.1.1 metric 1

> > eth0: timeout waiting for Tx RDC.
>
> And that Waiting for Tx RDC looks bad
>
> > # CONFIG_ETH16I is not set
> > CONFIG_NE2000=y
>
> However I'd be suprised if I did manage to break the NE2000
>
> I assume you went from make clean ; make depend ; make zImage when building
> the new version and the options are the same as always worked before ?

Yes, indeed. I can install an Ether ExpressPro 10+ (PCI) and rebuild,
if you think it might help diagnose.

Thank you, Fred