OFFTOPIC: Re: memory crash

David Schwartz (davids@wiznet.net)
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:43:26 -0500 (EST)

One fine point about lshell, there is one slight wrinkle in 2.01
that I've been too lazy to fix or document. It will not work correctly
with symlinked shells. If your /bin/sh is a symlink to /bin/bash, replace
/bin/sh with a copy of lshell and symlink /bin/shells/sh to
/bin/shells/bash.

I wrote lshell when I was working at an ISP that used Linux for
its user machines. No one was able to crash the machine or deny services
by eating memory, file descriptors, or CPU time after it was setup.

DS/JK

PS: My coding style has improved a lot since I wrote lshell.
Please don't judge me by it. <G>