Re: Linus v2.0 released (Male?)

KRSE (kota@pdxnet.com)
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:36:36 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Erik Troan wrote:
> > Congratulations, and we're all waiting for a new male version (perhaps
> > v2.1? nah, it's gotta be 2.2 at least) :-))

<anti-sexist>

Why is it called "male"? If you happen to be making a refrence to the
stable kernels being "male" and the unstable ones being "female", I'd like
you to know that its hard enough being a female in the world of linux and
that this concept/refrence is quite rude and unfair, however funny you may
have found it.

</anti-sexist>

> Definitely. Any new male version will be under development for quite a while!
> It'll probably take *years* to mature into anything resembling a stable
> version.

See the above. I am confused.

Happily me,
-Katy