Re: Problems booting 2.1.15

Ian Bonnycastle (ibonny@greywolf.mail.net)
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 21:34:02 -0500

Greg Alexander writes:
>On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 ian@greywolf.mail.net wrote:
>
>> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
>>
>> line, it just stops. Nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?
>
>Do you know that it is mounting the correct file system? Does it have
>support for the right type of thingies (a.out or ELF) to execute
>/sbin/init ?

Yep. I compared the .config's for both of them. Identical. Also, the file
system is the same one that works in 2.1.14. (I'm using 2.1.14 now). So the
rc.d files are the same. No idea why 2.1.15 hangs. I wonder if it might be
the fact that I don't have the right version of init. Thats the only thing
I can think of.

Ian