Re: Resources?

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@zetnet.co.uk)
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 22:22:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> The Linux kernel hackers guide has some bits. Addison Wesley (I think its
> AW it migt have been springer) have also published a book on the kernel
> internals

The book by Beck, Bohme, Dziadzka, Kunitz, Magnus, Verworner is called
Linux Kernel Internals, published in 1996 by Addison-Wesley, includes
CD-ROM with old version of Slackware, Tcl/Tk and other good stuff.
The ISBN is 0-201-87741-4.

Other excellent (=classical) sources of information on kernel are:

a) M. Bach The Design of the UNIX Operating System.

b) Leffler, McKusick, Karels, Quarterman The Design and Implementation of
the 4.3BSD UNIX Operating System

c) Goodheart, Cox The Magic Garden Explained.

Regards,
Tigran.