Re: Why doesn't Apache/Stronghold like Linux 2.0.x?

David N. Cicalo (davec@elecomm.net)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 01:52:31 -0800

Chai Harjo wrote:

> Joshua M. Thompson wrote:
> >

> > I didn't _used_ to have this problem with Apache 1.1.1.. As I said, it
> > started appearing somewhere in the early 2.0s. Something in the kernel
> > changed -- it's possible that the changes fixed something that Apache
> > assumes is wrong.
> >

> You can try kernel 2.0.28 when it comes out.
> It should be "more stable" than 2.0.27 :)

As suggested by another user, removing the STATS and INFO modules in
Apache/ Stringhold has solved the problem without making any other
changes. It's a simple modification in the the Makefile and a
recompile.

-- dave
EleComm Corporation http://www.elecomm.net http://www.10mb.com
David N. Cicalo mailto:Cicalo@elecomm.net