re: AMD (fwd)

Nicolas St-Pierre (draggy@kosmic.com)
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 15:57:23 -0500 (EST)

AMD says that their 5x86 has a 32bit core.. so I take it that's like a
486? What about the Cyrix 5x86? Cyrix states in the processor brief:

Features such as a 64-bit internal architecture, branch
prediction, data forwarding, and multiple operations issued per clock
(made possible by a decoupled load/store unit) are combined with an
80-bit floating point unit (FPU) and 16K unified write-back cache.

Is that more pentium-like?

Nicolas.