Re: Two 3COM Etherlink III netcards in one box

Philip Blundell (pjb27@cam.ac.uk)
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:52:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 26 Dec 1996, Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Dec 1996, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
>
> > I tried to put two 3com netcards in one box (to make it act as a router)
>
> Ok, exactly which driver is that (3c5??), and what did you tell the module

Etherlink III is the 3c509.

> insmod 3c5whichever.o io=0x0230,0x0240 irq=5,6
>
> where card one is at io 0x0230, and irq 5; and the other is at 0x0240, and
> irq 6 (I don't know if all modules can accept multiple values, or the
> leading zero after the "0x", but ideally they should). If that dosn't

The leading zero is an insmod problem - the modules see that value after
it's been converted to a number. A lot of the ethercard modules don't
support multiple instantiation yet. I don't know offhand if 3c509 does.

phil