Re: creative CDROM not recognized by Slack Linux 3.1 and 3.0, Help

John Wier (jbw@telerama.lm.com)
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 05:42:22 -0500

hai wrote:

> My creative CDROM 4x was bought with the sound card, I tried many kenel
> from 1.2.13 to 2.0.0. It really make me cannot sleep. but the cretive CDROM
> is not recognize.
> hai
> amk@superlink.net

Last year I purchased the creative lab multimedia package and originally
had the same problem. My work-around was to not connect the cdrom to the
sound board (which is an IDE controller), but connected it to one of my
other HDD cables as a secondary drive. If you only have one IDE
controller and you already have two disk drives, then you can use the
sound card as your second HDD controller. Nothing special needs to be
done in the kernel to make this work.

John