Re: too much untested code in new kernels

Mike Kilburn (mike@conexio.co.za)
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 20:49:33 +0200 (SAT)

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

> Hello Hackers,
>
> Specifically, it's a problem for me because: I would like to run current
> kernels so that I can pursue my own kernel development on them; and I
> have lost faith that all new code in the kernel is getting tested by the
> people who wrote it before I see it.

Every place I have worked has had these type of problems between
developers and front line testers (quality control). This is how
new product development works sometimes. Rough relationships
between developers and testers is a good thing. If you are a developer
yourself you learn to expect this sort of thing, it all part of the
process. Linux has become serious business for many but dont forget
to have fun.