oops, Re: netperf, was Re: too much untested code in new kernels

Kimon Berlin (kimon_berlin@hpgnd.grenoble.hp.com)
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 10:13:51 +0100

Sorry everyone, this:

> you may want to add these results to the netperf database. There is very
> little fast ethernet data available yet, that would be quite helpful.
> If you did not use netperf to measure bandwith, may I ask how you
> proceeded?
>
> If you do not know how to register netperf results, I can send you help.

was not supposed to go to the mailing list, but I did not see the list on my "to"
line.

But now that the cat is out, if you are using Linux in a networked environment and
have some time available, please check out http://www.cup.hp.com/netperf/, the
netperf home page. Netperf is a cross-system, cross-OS, cross-network
architecture benchmark. There are very few Linux numbers in there, so if you
feel like joining, your contribution would be very much appreciated.

Still not exactly related to kernel development, but it makes me feel less
guilty.

Kimon.

--
Kimon Berlin - Hewlett-Packard Performance Desktop Computing Operation R&D
(BIOS), a spinoff of the Division Formerly Known as GPCD