Re: Performance measurement API / POSIX

Aaron M. Ucko (amu@MIT.EDU)
08 Jan 1997 11:52:56 -0500

"Georg v.Zezschwitz" <gvz@hamburg.pop.de> writes:

> Dan Hollis gave me the hint that there exists a welldefined API for
> disk performance-measurement under POSIX.
>
> Has anybody access to this definition or might give me hints how a
> POSIX compliant implementation of this patch should look like?

The closest thing to this I can find is Annex G of the 1996 edition of
POSIX.1, which discusses performance metrics. This annex simply says
what should be measured, and does not give any sort of API.

--
Aaron M. Ucko (amu@mit.edu) | For Geek Code, PGP public key, and other info,
finger amu@monk.mit.edu. | "Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous.