Re: LINKSYS EtherPCI LAN Card II

Markus Gutschke (gutschk@uni-muenster.de)
10 Jan 1997 12:23:18 +0100

Bas Mevissen <sgm@stack.nl> writes:
> On my system, the RealTek card isn't autodetected. I have PCI BIOS support
> on, but it seems that my card isn't detected by the driver.
> I have the following line added in /etc/conf.modules:
>
> options eth0 io=0xe800 irq=11
>
> Without io= statement, the ne driver does no auto-detection; If I ommit the
> irq=11 statement, my system hangs. So even for the RealTek card the driver
> doesn't do proper autoprobing.

I think, it does not do autoprobing when installed as a module. So,
you can either compile it into the kernel or disable the "if"
condition that prevents it from probing (this is what I did).

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke          Internet:       gutschk@math.uni-muenster.de
Schlage 5a               PGP public key: finger -l gutschk@math.uni-muenster.de