Re: Oops 2.0.27

Andrey V Khavryutchenko (akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua)
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:03:24 +0200

Adam D. Bradley wrote:

> > I experienced two random Oopses which said something about
> > 'unable to handle kernel paging request'
> >
> > They occured when no special stuff was running on my system,
> > I just booted and logged in.
> >
> > I use Kernel release 2.0.27.
> >
> > What could be wrong?

Haven't you used the smbfs module? It's malfunctioning in 2.0.27,
apply smbfs-0.10 patch (may be found somewhere at
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/)

> We have no idea. ;-)
>
> Run the OOPS through ksymoops (found in /usr/src/linux/scripts) and post
> the results to the list, maybe then we can do something about it. You also
> may want to read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/oops-tracing.txt and
> BUG-HUNTING

Yes, for more info you have definitelly to do this.

--
Andrey V Khavryutchenko
akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua

The Murphy Philosophy: Smile. Tommorrow will be worse.