Re: Jive -> Kernel (International Linux) (fwd)

Stephan Meyer (sensei@munich.netsurf.de)
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 09:48:20 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Philip Blundell wrote:
> Frankly, I'm not sure that the idea is particularly worthwhile, but we'll
> see...
>
> P.

You would be crying out for multi-language support, if the linux kernel
gave messages in German.

I thought about a text file, that would contain language-specific
messages. Perhaps, it could be integrated with the linux kernel. I
wouldn't mind the added size, but you could just disable it, too.
The kernel would look for it at boot-time and would parse it, if present.

Just my 0,02 DM :)

Stephan

Stephan Meyer
+49-89-4301114