Re: NT basically sucks

Illuminati Primus (vermont@gate.net)
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:31:08 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> i love linux but this is bullshit.
> Linux has had tons of bugs too :) the ping bug for example

Yes, BUT all of the linux kernel, and almost(?) entirely all of the
utilities can be obtained in source code, for FREE... So if someone was
depending on a service, it would cost that person nothing to try to
correct the problem him/herself with Linux. However, with NT you can only
make repeated calls to an always backlogged tech support, which will tell
you to just wait for the next version (which according to an interview
with Bill Gates, are never released just to fix bugs). In the meanwhile,
you have to no other choice but to turn OFF the service, or be vulnerable
to be crashed by everyone and their grandmother.