Re: stable kernel, when?

Klaus Lichtenwalder (klaus@WebForum.DE)
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:09:44 +0000 (WET)

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Marc Lehmann wrote:

> I'm using the teles driver for linux, and I have observed these things:
>
> 2.0.28 compiles fine, but I end up with all sockets that were closed
> staying in the CLOSE state, and whats worse: after about 20-40k
> were transferred, not a single byte flows through any connection.
> 2.1.14 compiles fine, works fine
> 2.1.15-2.1.23 DOESN'T EVEN COMPILE

Well, no comment on using 2.1.x, these are development kernels and not
supposed to be stable... :->>

I'm running the isdn system on a handful of 2.0.27 kernels. They *are*
stable, very much so. I like it. You'd better consider using the HiSax
driver, btw, the teles driver is *old* and not longer maintained. Also,
you might consider using the isdn4linux mailing list,
echo subscribe mlehmann@hildesheim.sgh-net.de | \
mail majordomo@hub-wue.franken.de

Klaus
Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform., PGP Key: email to key@Four11.com