Re: 2.1.24 / DOSEMU / DOS 7

David Woodhouse (dwmw2@cam.ac.uk)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 00:24:53 +0000 (GMT)

Nope, I've stopped the logo displaying when I go into DOS. It's the bit
where it does something odd and would try to read the registry (but for a
"rm -r win95") that kills it. Even from a text VT.

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Robert Anderson wrote:

> >2.1.24 (SMP) crashes when I run dosemu and DOS 7, unless I hit F8 quickly
> >as it's "booting" and make it run in "safe mode". So I suppose it's
> >something to do with the exception trapping.
> >

> I'm not sure if you're having the same problem I found or not. Does
> you're dos work find under a virtual console? I have configured my
> dosemu to use graphics (usually from a virtual terminal), but when I
> run it under X it works fine as long as I don't display ANY VGA
> graphics. Since I'm booting the command line mode of Win95 I get the
> windows Splash screen and that will cause it to die.
>
> My solution is like your's. When I run dosemu from X I hit ESC in the
> window before it has a change to display graphics. I can then run
> Quicken for dos without any problems. Although if I tried to display
> a graph it would die.
>
> If this sounds like what you're seeing. Then I would suggest you
> remove the graphics capabilities from dosemu.conf or use dosemu from a
> virtual console. Anybody know a better way around this?

> Robert E. Anderson email: rea@unh.edu
> Systems Programmer phone: (603) 862-3489
> UNH Research Computing Center fax: (603) 862-1915

David Woodhouse, WWW: http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
Robinson College, Email: dwmw2@cam.ac.uk
Cambridge, Tel: +44 (0) 976 658355
CB3 9AN, (n)talk: dwmw2@dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk