Re: ossfree version 3.8-beta4 patches, 2.1.24

Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.wal.rhno.columbia.edu)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 20:15:12 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Keith Owens wrote:

> It is the right way to do it, select_wait -> poll_wait is a name change
> for the proc and a type change for the second parameter. Hannu had
> already changed the rest of the sound code to match 2.1.24 and changed
> the second parameter, just missed changing the proc name. Note that
> the patch was against 2.1.24 + ossfree version 3.8-beta4, not against
> 2.1.24 alone.

No, it's not - I already had a discution with Hannu about this.
Basically, you have to call poll_wait _unconditionally_, which is not
happening in the current code. Again, take a look at the 2.1.24 patch for
details.

Ionut

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.