Re: unable to compile 2.1.x

aidas@ixsrs4.ix.netcom.com
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 21:52:37 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Franco wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope this was not covered recently (in case, excuse me).
>
> Which are the required tools to compile kernels in the 2.1.x series?
> I have gcc 2.0.7, binutils 2.7.0.3 and get these errors at link time:

GCC 2.0.7? Wow. Now *that*, my friends, is old. Will that even work with
binutils 2.7.0.3?

Assuming you actually are running GCC 2.0.7, upgrade to 2.7.2.1.

--
"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold. Mere anarchy is loosed upon the
world; The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of