Re: IRQ, I/O and DMA identifiers as sound module parameters?

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 04:19:12 +0200 (EET)

On 4 Feb 1997, Markus Gutschke wrote:

> BTW, I do not think that it was a good idea to retract this
> information. While Hannu was right in saying that this much
> flexibility is usually not required, there are still many cases, where
> it would be very convenient to allow for easy run-time
> configurability.
I simply just don't have time to keep documentation of this feature up to
date. The document included in old driver sources covers cards that were
supported when the list was originally written (around Linux 1.0.0). It
doesn't cover new cards introduced after that. In addition changes in the
driver may change the way how some cards should be configured.

Hannu
-----
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi, hannu@4front-tech.com)
http://www.4Front-Tech.com/oss.html (Open Sound System (OSS))