Re: depmod oopses + workaround patch

David S. Miller (davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu)
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 12:08:44 -0500

From: Richard Henderson <richard@atheist.tamu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 10:51:25 -0600 (CST)

If after that you still have problems... well, contact me and we'll
figure something out.

As a side note, are the new modutils supposed to be backward
compatable with 2.0.x kernels? The reason I ask is that I still have
to support 2.0.x Sparc kernels and build them for releases on the same
machine I do my main development on. I'd like to have your latest
modutils on that machine (which is currently the case) and still be
able to build 2.0.x kernels with those modutils as well, and have such
kernel/module binaries work for users with 2.0.x based systems who
have no desire to move to the 2.1.x series at all.

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s ////
ethernet. Beat that! ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><