Re: Bliss Virus (fwd)

Juri P Pakaste (pakaste@cc.helsinki.fi)
08 Feb 1997 14:04:22 +0200

"James L. McGill" <fishbowl@fotd.netcomi.com> writes:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Seth Edwards wrote:
> >The Bliss virus is currently a Linux binary-infecting virus.
> >Unfortunately, please do not feel your safe.
> If asked, will the poster of this message provide virus code
> to the members of this list? I expect this virus to suddenly,
> mysteriously disappear, based on that question.

I'm not the poster, nor can I provide the virus; however, the author
of the virus posted the binary on bugtraq (...I think) a day or two
ago. I didn't save it as I couldn't really do anything with it, but it
should be available in the archive (somewhere at <URL:http://
www.geek-girl.com/>), if it's up-to-date. Also, I'm sure there are
people on this list who read bugtraq, and some of them probably have
the virus.

--
Juri Pakaste/Juri.Pakaste@Helsinki.FI