Re: Writing to CDR drive...

Derrik Pates (dpates@Cavern.NMSU.Edu)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:02:33 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Tom Zerucha wrote:

> I have the identical setup. I just use
> "cdwrite -v /dev/scd0"
> and it works for me (with an adaptec 1542 and a reasonably fast processor,
> both CDroms are on the same scsi bus).

I'm rather amazed that works. You're supposed to use SCSI generic device
support, and device /dev/sgX where X is the device number. SCSI generic
support can be added as a module, but really, that is what you SHOULD do.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"