Re: Linux & EISA bus ?

cfleck@co.intel.com
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:31:51 +0000

At 11:21 AM 2/13/97 -0500, DUPRE Christophe wrote:

>Is there any special configuration needed to use the EISA bus of a system ?
>kernel is 2.0.28, and I seem to be unable to access a network card (DEC
>425) on the EISA bus of a Digital Prioris HS 590...
>Of course, I could have done something wrong with the System
>Configuration Utility, since it's horribly documented, but I'd like to
>search all the avenues at the same time...

since the DE425 is an EISA card, it better show up when you run
your EISA configuration utility. Try running your EISA configuration
utility again to see if the card is recognized in the appropriate slot.
Until the EISA config is used and the appropriate slot is enabled for your
card, the driver/Linux will never see it.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

|\/\/\/|
| |