Re: ncr53c8xx problem with a CLARiiON disk array.

Thu, 13 Feb 1997 21:35:39 +0000 (GMT)

On 12 Feb 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.970207201728.93A-100000@localhost>,
> Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> >For the moment, the boot setup command allows to set driver options, so
> >for all installed NCR boards.
> >A boot setup per controller will help. I will add this in a future
> >version of the driver.
>
> Defaulting to "safe" (well as safe as you can get) and having some
> 'shortcut' NCR configurations by name - eg
>
> ncr=tekram ncr=generic

Thanks for the suggestion.
Will be implemented as is (perhaps with a different syntax).
ncr=symbios can be added too for symbios compatible boards,
since 'generic' should preclude the driver from using any vendor
specific feature.
A boot fail safe option exists in the latest version (safe:y) and is
as safe as it can be (I think).

Gerard.