Re: $$$$$FAST LEGAL AND EASY$$$$$

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@tele.fi)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:50:19 +0200 (EET)

Folks,

While mail-bombing these imbeciles that often appear in AOL.COM,
is a tempting thing to do, there is much more effective way:
Send a notice about their behaviour to
<abuse@aol.com> and/or <abuse@aol.net>.
The latter address is high capacity UNIX account, while the former
is AOL account in their proprietary mailbox system (and a bit limited
in its capacity to take in high volume floods of complaints..)

The AOL people are doing great work at stomping those morons, but
having million+ customers tends to have the number of abusers in
amongst them to be greater than zero far often than with some
small-scale ISPs..

Oh yes, MOST ISPs (and other places, including companies) are now
getting a clue that having a specific address for abuse reports is
a worthwile thing: <abuse@ANYDOMAIN>