Re: linux on nt.

David R. McGown (dmcgown@access.digex.net)
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 19:08:23 -0500 (EST)

On 20-Feb-97 Eric Youngdale wrote:

> The main thing I would like to see is a shell with job control, but
>this is evidently a rather hard problem, as nobody has solved it yet. That
>and fvwm for NT (I miss virtual consoles too :-). I met someone once who
>claimed that replacing the window manager under NT wasn't out of the question,
>but I don't know how much faith to put in what he was saying.
>
>-Eric

Eric,

It may be a small thing, but there is a virtual window pager for
WIN95/NT4.0 called impVWM. It works pretty well and is free. Still, it is no
FVWM.

David

David R. McGown
dmcgown@access.digex.net -o-O-o- LINUX INSIDE!
Home: (703)683-1599 206 Adams Ave ALPHA GENERATION!
Work: (703)416-1240 Alexandria, VA 22301