Re: wierd behaviour...

Keith Rohrer (kwrohrer@uiuc.edu)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 03:36:50 -0600 (CST)

> Hi Jerome
> > > Maybe because you are not allowed to change the access time for
> > > /bin/echo?
Regardless, it's clear that something is suboptimal: using tcsh's while
to repeatedly run "main(){fork();}" makes the drive flash a lot, but running
"main() {}" instead makes the light flash so fast it looks solid except not
so bright. This is wrong.

Either the buffer cache is not coalescing duplicate writes of the same
cluster, or something is forcing an early flush when it shouldn't.

Keith