Re: problems compiling 2.1.27

root (abszero@epix.net)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:57:50 -0500 (EST)

Brett Hollon wrote:

> Ok, I'm probably doing something stupid, but I can't locate it.
> Here is the error I am getting:
>
> gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486 -c -o checksum.o checksum.c
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:488: Fatal error: Symbol end_of_body already defined.
>
> Here is a list of my versions:
>
> libc-5.4.23
> binutils-2.7.0.9
> gcc-2.7.2.1
> ld.so-1.8.5
>
> I'd appreciate any help sorting this out.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett
>
> ---.config follows---
Or atleast it used to.

I got this problem when I first patched up too. I looked at the sources for
the files I had errors in, and each one, for some odd reson, had a duplicate
following the real version. For me, this effected mm/slab.c,
arch/i386/lib/locks.S and arch/i386/kernel/i386_ksyms.c. I deleted the 2nd
copy and everything worked fine.

--- James Mastros