Re: socket communication problem.

thoth@purplefrog.com
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:51:06 EST

Charlie Ross <s253343@gettysburg.edu> ,in message <Pine.GSO.3.95q.970307135313.
1836A-100000@mail1997.cc.gettysburg.edu>, wrote:

> The problem is that this works on sunos just fine... but when I port it to
> linux, only the first part comes therough. Aproximately a pagefull... the
> rest is lost somwhere....
>
> Why isnt the data coming over my socket? is the linux socket limited as to
> how much you can write at a time or somthingt?

I had a vaguely similar problem with my netpipes package (
http://www.purplefrog.com/~thoth/netpipes/ ) and they recommended I
upgrade to 2.0.29 with ISS patches. I don't know if that applies to
your problem as well.

BTW, with netpipes your programs would be (approximately, and ignoring
the security problems...):

server$ faucet 3000 -io sh -c 'cat `cat`'

client$ echo /file/name | hose server 3000 -slave > output

---
Bob Forsman                                   thoth@gainesville.fl.us
           http://www.gainesville.fl.us/~thoth/