Re: Couldn't get a free page

dave (tel1dvw@is.ups.com)
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 21:03:21 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Jason Duerstock wrote:
> I notice this happens a lot with mke2fs and large drives.
>
> Usually, the system will un-hang once I make another process start or stop
> or do some memory de(allocation).

This same thing happened to me. I was mke2fs'ing a 2.1 gig partition of a
2.1 gig drive, and it would often hang (did it about three times in four
days, due to EXT-2 corruption). I was so convinced the system was hung
that I pressed ctrl-alt-delete, and all of the sudden the mke2fs started
again, until it was killed by the reboot.

Hope this is of some help... Could you also keep me advised of any
changes?

Dave