Re: Networking problems? with 2.1.29 on a DEC Multia (UDB)

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 06:49:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, David R. McGown wrote:

> There are still problems with kernels later than 2.1.28 (just installed
> 2.1.29, same problem) with respect to networking on the DEC Alpha Multia
> (UDB). I get X lockups within a few seconds. 2.1.26 works fine. I wish I
> could provide more, but I do not get anything spectacular like kernel
> "oops". Any suggestions on how I can help in debugging this problem
> will be very welcome! I am not a "kernel hacker", so some hand holding
> may be in order. Please let me know!

I think that you and I might be lonely voices in the wilderness :-). I
gave up on the newer kernels for the UDB, as 2.0.29 works just fine.
Perhaps someone knowledgable will look into this at some point. It
clearly does not affect the high-end Alpha workstations or there would be
more screaming.

Steve