Re: 2.1.x problems

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tom=E1s_Restrepo?= (trestrep@medellin.cetcol.net.co)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:35:52 -0500

I really can't say what the problem is, but on my system I had to modyfy
the route command so:

route add -net [YOUR ADDR] netmask [NETMASK] [DEV]

for example, for the loopback:

route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 lo

otherwise it won't work.
To note further, running DIP gets me the same error messages, but it work
never the less, so I guess they're just advisors.
Tomįs Restrepo Madrid
Winder
trestrep@medellin.cetcol.net.co
----------
From: Jannis Boutsikas <jannisb@dk-online.dk>
To: Linux-Kernel <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Subject: 2.1.x problems
Date: Jueves 20 de Marzo de 1997 1:14 PM

Hi there,

I have been experiencing the following problems with all kernels of
2.1.X, every time I boot linux I get the following message(s):

SIOCADDRT: no such device
route forgot to specify route netmask
SIOCADDRT: invalid argument
SIOCADDRT: no such device

I don't have any of those problems whith 2.0.27, and because of those
problems, I don't have any loopback or ethernet devices.

I believe that I have updated everything accorting to the readme files
in the source files.

Any help would be appreciated

regards,

Jannis Boutsikas | Skyttehaven 2, 5F