Re: parallel zip drives

Grant R. Guenther (dolphin@forum.be)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:46:07 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, fb wrote:

> Is it me or do parallel port zip drives just plain suck under linux?
>
> I heard that this may be caused by the fact that the driver does not support
> epp, anyone have any comments, ideas, or zip drive benchmarks.
>
> Also, please do not refer me to any howto's or faq's, I have read them already.

Try looking here

Plug-n-Play parallel-port sharing Linux kernel patch
http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport.html

It supports EPP and parallel-port sharing

--

Wim Vandersmissen aka dolphin ---------------------------------------- - Sysadm / Computer-addict - E-mail : dolphin@forum.be - Http://dolphin.forum.be QOTD: We don't know one millionth of one percent about anything.