Re: Nice Text (No Icky Text)

Greg Alexander (galexand@sietch.bloomington.in.us)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:05:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Dirk Staneker wrote:

> Well, in my opinion there is no need for a bootscreen with graphic/GUI
> but I think a common format for the messages would be really nice (this
> makes parsing errors with a program much easier) and the use of colors isn't
> very difficult and makes the screen much nicer to read (errors red...).
>
> Are there any standards for messages from kernel/syslogd...?

I have a black and white monitor. The green wire controls the gray gun, and
the red and blue wires control basically nothing. If errors show up in red,
I will run an error free system.

Greg Alexander
http://www.cia-g.com/~sietch/
----
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a
tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes
in the house.
-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"