Re: >256 fd patch...

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:36:48 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Oskar Pearson wrote:

> > Do you have to "do" anything to libc? Or just build it?
> I am just re-building it. I believe that this was needed with the previous
> patches (I think that things like "open" wouldn't allow people to open
> more than X fd's if they used the libc stuff. Tell me if I am wrong, people)

With michael's >256 fd patch, open does work without hacking libc.

I'm still getting an unusual amount of "Couldn't get a free page....."
messages running with this patch. My IRC server / mail relay has been
running 2.0.29 with this patch for 5 days.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______