Re: Microsecond Resolution Timers

Ingo Molnar (mingo@pc5829.hil.siemens.at)
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:55:27 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Balaji Srinivasan wrote:

> [...] We now have a working
> patch which allows kernel routines to add timers (using a new call
> add_utimer) with microsecond resolution. This is compatible with
> the old add_timer call. We hope this patch is useful for a lot of you.

looks interesting, but add_utimer() is missing from the patch. And why
does it have this copyright:

+ Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and
+ its documentation for personal or educational use is hereby
+ granted, provided that copies of the software are not made or
^^^
+ distributed for profit or commercial advantage

AFAIR, this violates the GPL. (unless your changes are totally private)

-- mingo