Re: TCP Stall

Eric.Schenk@dna.lth.se
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 19:39:17 +0200

"Richard B. Johnson" <root@analogic.com> writes:
>Well... the patch was against 2.0.30 and I'm using 2.1.29 so it didn't
>come close enough to fix.

I would be very surprised if this patch applied to 2.1.29. The patch
fixes an obscure routing problem that can cause a extreme pauses
in the TCP layer, and the entire routing layer has been rewritten in
the 2.1.X kernels. In any case, the same problem is still present in the
2.1.X kernels, although it's quite a bit harder to set up the circumstances
for the problem in 2.1.X, and the impact is lower. In any case, this
will eventually make its way into 2.1.X, I just need to discuss the
details of the correct fix with Alexy Kuznetsov.

It will probably be a couple of weeks before we manage to really shake
the problems out of the 2.1.X kernel. We need to get 2.0.30 stable and
out first.

--
Eric Schenk                               www: http://www.dna.lth.se/~erics
Dept. of Comp. Sci., Lund University          email: Eric.Schenk@dna.lth.se