Re: kernel-update

Derrik Pates (dpates@Cavern.NMSU.Edu)
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 07:38:47 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997 inaninck@koha.koha.nl wrote:

> That was not really the question. When I had kernel-source 2.0.27 (which was
> a complete tree, I recall) I made a symlink from /usr/src/linux-2.0.27 to
> /usr/src/linux. Compiled to my needs and run it a few weeks.
> Then I installed the complete 2.0.28 tree, re-symlinked and
> compiled to my needs. In THAT case, my question is, can the 2.0.27 tree
> be removed, as /usr/src/linux now points to /usr/src/linux-2.0.28.

Well, the way I do it is to keep the old source tree out and on hand for a
day or two, just in case the shit hits the fan. I've never had to USE it,
and on my home box - I'm kinda low on disk space there - I usually remove
the source tree immediately. What you can do if ya wanna be safe and save
space, is go into the old source tree and do a 'make clean'.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"