Re: URGENT: A Plea to the owners of linux.dev.kernel

Jurgen Botz (jbotz@reference.com)
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:49:39 -0800 (PST)

Dave Barr wrote:
> Well, to further confuse the issue with some facts, let's in fact
> look at the subjects of the past 3 days, shall we?
>
> 7 ld.so 1.9.1 and glibc 2.0.1 # library, not kernel related
> 2 login # not kernel related
> 2 Weird happenstance with mdrun # belongs on linux.dev.raid
> 2 URGENT: A Plea to the owners of linux.dev.kernel
> 2 SLIP/PPP Login Shells # not kernel related
> 2 Converting ascii to ebcdic, and vice versa # not kernel related
>[...]

I'm guessing that you read via the news gateway... if you look at the full
headers of those messages you'll find that most of them were /not/ mailed
to linux-kernel... the news gateway is broken in weird ways right now.

Also, compare the contents of the newsgroup to the archive at
http://www.ecsnet.com/lnxlists/linux-kernel/

Again: could someone /please/ fix this? Or else just decide that we're
not going to have a news gateway and turn it off, but the current state
of affairs is a disaster.

--
Jurgen Botz                     "Unix?  What's that?  Is that like Linux?"
jbotz@reference.com