Re: got an ipx kernel oops if anyone wants it...

Elijah L. Wright (elw@wc.tntech.edu)
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:08:42 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Charlie Ross wrote:
> Subject: got an ipx kernel oops if anyone wants it...
> This happened by trying to use ncpmount.... I wasnt local on my machineo
> I didnt see the oops till now... All I knew before was that ncpmount was
> saying "mount failed" so I gave up... and lo and belhold al this time it
> was an oops... anyone wanna take a crack?
> IPX: Network number collision 105
> eth0 EtherII and eth0 802.2
> IPX: Network number collision 105
> eth0 EtherII and eth0 802.2

You're using ipx_configure --auto_<insert parameters here>, aren't you?
Don't. Use 802.3 as a frame type; it encompasses 802.2 and EtherII.
This is probably not the problem, but anything's possible.....

--Elijah