Re: parport-970402 released

Michael Harnois (mharnois@sbt.net)
07 Apr 1997 13:21:12 -0500

Philip Blundell <phil@tazenda.demon.co.uk> writes:

> It sounds like your PS/2 controller has been wiped out. Are you sure
> parport is to blame?

Reasonably so. When I did like I was supposed to and defined a
parport=0x378,7 statement in my boot prompt line, the problem went away.

> It ought not to touch any hardware other than the parallel ports.
> Do you know what address the PS/2 stuff lives at?

I don't. I assume there is something in proc that should tell me? But
I can't find it.

--
+  Michael D. Harnois                      + If you want to follow Jesus,  +
+  Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA  + you better look good on wood. +