Re: Initialisation code (Re: parport-970402 released)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
8 Apr 1997 18:06:32 +0200

Philip Blundell <phil@tazenda.demon.co.uk> writes:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Bas Mevissen wrote:
>
> That way you could add as much probing gunk as you liked, and it wouldn't
> cause too much bloat on a running system. One of my machines still only
> has 8MB, so saving even a few pages is fairly significant. And on ARM

One of mine acquired a whopping 4 MB last month (the mainboard semi-died
and refused to see the second bank of memory).

Incidentally, is there a complete, old Linux distributions ("old" as in
"limps along on 2-MB i386") archived somewhere?

--
If anger is not restrained, it is frequently more hurtful to us, than
the injury that provokes it.