Re: kernel nfsd in 2.1.32

Kai M{kisara (makisara@abies.metla.fi)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:03:34 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Evan Jeffrey wrote:

> I have 2.1.32 and am attempting to run the kernel nfds system. I applied
> the patch Olaf Kirch posted yesterday that actually allowed me to select
> nfsd support under make menuconfig, got the userland utilities, and compiled
> them, but when I try to run "rpc.knfsd 4" I get this error:
> "nfssvc: Function not implemented"
>
> Anyone know what is going on?

The nfsservctl system call is not define in the system call table. I
manually inserted it to arch/i386/entry.S and this helped. This is
probably not the correct way but it points out the problem (the syscall
should only be defined when nfsd is compiled into the kernel; module
initialization does insert the call).

(The other problem with nfsd in stock 2.1.32 is that CONFIG_NFSD does not
get defined. Olaf's patch takes care of this.)

Kai